- It raised close to $50,000 for Inn Out of the Cold over the last four years.
- Last year it donated $1,000 to the Eat2Learn school nutrition program
- Community spirit is on display with a sea of green-bedecked families, individuals, organizations (and dogs)
- It encourages active participation by families and walkers/runners of any level
- Participation is easy with this event which is well organized and just plain fun.
To learn more about the event or to register visit www.theshamrockshuffle.ca . It starts at 9am at Central United Church, 135 Wellington Street, St. Thomas. Registration is available up until 8:30am on race day. (Note: you will not receive a goody bag or be entered into the draws if you register day of.)
Inn Out of the Cold
Over the past 2 years, the Inn Out of the Cold is finding they are providing a hot meal to upwards of 50 people a night. Monies donated in the past by The Shamrock Shuffle help support that. In the past, the funds generated by the event have allowed the Inn to purchase beds for those with mobility issues, lap tops, and a much needed washer and dryer amongst other items. Inn out of the Cold operates November to April each year and provides those in need with a warm meal, safe place to stay, shower and breakfast during the cold months. Last year’s funds donated help with the running of the daytime drop in centre at 661 Talbot Street, St. Thomas.