- The 2016 summer season will lead off on May 24th with the return of stand-out performer Leisa Way as she joins forces with the remarkable Aaron Soloman in their classic revue hit “Wichita Lineman: The Music of Glen Campbell”. Starring Leisa Way, Aaron Solomon and featuring the Wayward Wind Band!
- Opening on June 8th, PSFT is pleased to be producing Norm Foster’s hit comedy “Ladies Foursome” for an extended four week run … “Margot, Tate, Connie, and Dory spend a day on the links to pay homage to a departed friend. It sounds harmless enough, but fueled by competition, revelations, and recriminations, the outing becomes more than anyone bargained for.”
- Third up, the Port Stanley Festival Theatre is delighted to be presenting the world premiere of “Birds of a Feather” on July 6th, a new comedy by Artistic Director Simon Joynes. Competitive bird watchers converge on a quest for the rarest of birds, as arch rivals clash in a battle of wits, technology, and high stakes. “Lessons learned, lives revealed, and a laugh-filled search for life’s surprises … be careful what you wish for!”
- July 27th brings the second world premiere of the 2016 season to the Port Stanley stage:
“This One” by Denise Mader. “This One” … it’s beautiful, and wonderful, and funny!”
Who knew that baking could be this much fun? Denise Mader’s world premiere production of “This One”, a solo tour de force, that explores the bond between mother and daughter, the ups and downs of rural roots, and the wonder of fresh baked pecan pie, is simply not to be missed.
- Closing out the season on August 17th comes “The Birds and the Bees” by Mark Crawford. Fresh from the pen of the playwright who brought us 2014’s smash hit comedy, “Stag and Doe”,
comes a sparkling new comedy about family, and friends, and relationships, and sex, and farming, and … bees … “chance encounters, love among the turkeys, a comedy about fresh starts!” (*warning – adult situations represented in “The Birds and the Bees”)
Find out more at www.portstanleytheatre.ca.
Information provided by Port Stanley Festival Theatre.