There are 2 types of awards:
Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Awards are intended to recognize an outstanding individual and a group or organization for their commitment to building welcoming, caring, and inclusive communities through the work they are performing to assist newcomers.
Two Awards will be presented: one for an individual and a second for a Group or Organization.
- Working with the community to address the needs of newcomers by recognizing and responding to the diverse needs of the community.
- Developing and understanding of our local cultural diversity.
- Working to strengthen the community by working with others to build positive changes for local newcomers.
- Volunteering to support diversity and newcomers who advocate for social and civic inclusion.
- Delivering services that provide the groundwork for newcomers to be socially and economically connected to their communities.
The Newcomer Community Leader Award is intended to recognize an outstanding leader for his/her commitment to building through volunteer work a welcoming caring and inclusive community in St. Thomas-Elgin.
- Giving back to the community in a positive and progressive way;
- Working with the community to strengthen and build positive changes.
Nomination forms are available at www.Stelip.ca
For more information, please contact:
Petrusia Hontar, STELIP-Project Coordinator, 519-631-9800 ext. 241, Phontar.firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel LeClair, STELIP-Project Facilitatator, 519-631-9800 ext. 239, email@example.com